
When I got there I could tell she was really in pain and that we would need a trip to the Urgent Care. She is a drama queen and sometimes it's hard to tell if she is faking but this was not a drama moment. We got there and I think she was in shock because the Doctor was asking questions and she was just staring off into space. She wouldn't even point to where it hurt. So he started with feeling her collar bone, nothing. Her shoulder, nothing. Her bicep, again nothing. Then he touched her elbow and she let out a huge scream:( So he said to do some xrays with as much of the arm in them as possible. After she cried really hard during the twisting and pulling(sometimes I wonder if nurses that do the xrays have ever broken a bone because I have never met one that is gental!) she just laid in my lap dazed. The Doctor(actually I think he was a PA) came back in and said lets go look at them. I went in there and instantly could see the brake. This would be number two! The first one was two years ago from falling off the kitchen chair. So after talking with him we decided I needed to get her to an Orthopedist ASAP to make sure her growth plates were still okay. I got an appointment for the next afternoon and I can't remember the last time when a morning went so slow! We went to our appointment and she didn't want to get out of the car. She knew they would be moving it again. She only had to have two xrays done though. After that they gave the good news! Everything was still lined up where it should be, so no surgery!! They didn't do a hard cast though because they want to xray it every week to make sure it hasn't moved and it is healing properly.

Now, I just need to keep her from hurting it again before it heals hahaha! It has only been two days and she has already tried climbing on things again! I have a feeling it is going to be a long month. Payt's tball games start next week and the kicker will be trying to keep her off the playground that is next to the ball fields!
BTW, the second picture makes me smile! I put a safety pin on Addi's sling to keep it up so her arm wouldn't keep sliding down and coming out. So parker decided he need a broken arm to and had me put a pin in his jacket sleeve like Addi! Too funny!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Okay, let's hear it...